Join the Soup Crew
We’re always looking for friendly, eager soup lovers to join our team. Check out our open positions to see what’s cookin’.
Open Positions – Culinary Professionals
The Soup Cup – a microsouperie® is an innovative, market defining new QSR 2.0 concept. The Art of Soup is the mission, culinary comfort and pleasure is the outcome.
The Soup Cup – a microsouperie® embraces Soup. Classically prepared, handcrafted from scratch. 8 different varieties each day, 5 days a week, 40 different soups weekly, ever changing from 868 recipes. We also serve grilled cheese sandwiches from 85 different recipes, handmade Belgium fries with 23 different dipping sauces, all in an everchanging daily event atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a qualified, self-driven, motivated and talented culinary professionals to join our team.
Contact us for more information!
Position Title: Line Cook/Cook
Job Hours: Tues-Sat 8am-5pm
Min Education: H.S. Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
Min Experience: 2-3 years in Culinary Field
Hourly Rate: $12.00 – 13.00
We are currently seeking one qualified, self-driven, motivated and talented culinary professional to join our team.
The candidate will have 2-3 years of culinary experience and must understand the workings of a professional kitchen. Responsibilities will include food preparation tasks assigned, hot entrees, vegetable preparation, stocks, sauces, garnishes as appropriate, and other techniques. Will clean work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift; assist with receiving deliveries to the kitchen. Must be able to take direction and follow recipes. Will work in a supervised environment with an ACF Certified Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
He/She must be able to foster an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect for all employees with a team-oriented mindset, a passion for excellence, great energy, and an eagerness to continually develop their skill set.
This position will require dedication and determination. The candidate must have a passion for excellent quality food and can work in a fast-paced environment, while not only helping serve quality fresh products, from the 3-county area in a timely manner without sacrificing quality.
Over the age of 18 years.
Constant attendance is required and prepared to work.
2-3 years of experience in culinary field as line cook, restaurant cook, prep cook.
Associates degree from accredited ACF culinary school preferred.
Sanitation Certificate (Valid) Serv/Safe.
Strong experience and skills of various cooking methods, ingredients, understanding of proper food handling procedures, strong knife skills.
Experience in high-level, fast paced kitchen.
Impeccable and verifiable references.
Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis. Excellent physical and mental condition.
Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulations, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
Standing for long periods of time.
Must have strong knife skills.
Works well under pressure and stressful situations.
Hard-working, Passionate, Creative and must be Organized.
Adheres to company policies and procedures at all times.
Maintains clean and professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness at all times.
Maintains a positive and professional approach with coworkers, management, and customers.
Must be able to exercise judgement and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company policies and procedures.
Performs food preparation using proper food handling techniques in a timely manner. Utilizing techniques which comply with safety and sanitation rules and practices.
Prepares all required items
Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies
Cover, dated, labeled all leftovers and neatly stored.
Assists and sets up stations with necessary items, maintains and breaks down said stations.
Serves food items in accordance with established portions and presentation standards.
Keeps work stations clean/organized at all times and insures proper sanitation policies are met, maintains the highest sanitary standards, follows all sanitation policies set by state, county.
Notifies Sous Chef of outages, problems and assists with other duties as directed by the Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
Job title: Corporate Chef
Starting Annual Salary: $40K (commensurate with experience and initial Soup Cup culture training)
Other incentives: potential company profit share
Employee Benefits: Daily Meals, Uniform. Qualifies for 3% matching IRA, company supplemented healthcare plan, and paid vacation and sick time off (after a probationary period has been satisfied). A family first caring corporate atmosphere.
Days and Hours: This is an at-will full time position averaging 45+ hours per week year-round, with no seasonal fluctuations.
Reports to: Executive Chef/Owner Scott Nitsche, C.E.C.
Works with Marketing Owner/Manager, Culinary Team and Special Event Coordinator.
This Culinary Professional must be connected, savvy, responsive, believe in the brand, customer of the store, love our food, friendly, pleasant and outgoing.
The Soup Cup a MicroSouperie® is expanding to Multi-Unit locations. This position’s primary responsibility is to prepare and oversee production Menu items. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Corporate and All Multi-unit kitchen operations.
- Insure specific Soup Cup recipe procedures and diligent sanitation processes are maintained continuously throughout the day.
- Insure Quality of Food Production.
- Menu Management.
- Training and Management of Kitchen Staff.
- Prepare, Purchase and Execute Daily Menus.
- Distribution Management.
- Order and Inventory Management.
- Ingredient Purchasing.
- Execute cost analysis as needed.
- Plan and execute additional goals for food service as set by management.
- Maintain food, kitchen supplies and kitchen cleaning products inventory.
- Clean and maintain kitchen and appliances daily.
- Personify Soup Cup Mission.
- Other tasks include but are not limited to: Year-round Soup Cup Special Events, staff schedule planning, shopping for inventory necessary to conduct business in a matter that provides proper fluidity and cost efficiency and any other tasks, duties, and responsibilities delegated as directed by management.
- Thorough Classical Cuisine cooking knowledge and food safety skills
- 5-10 years Professional Culinary experience
- Professional presence and appearance
- Comfortable speaking in public and “entertaining” customers.
- Specialty diet experience
- Dependable Transportation to and from Soup Cup locations
- Detail and goal oriented
- Multitasking skills
- Flexibility of schedule
- Thorough Classical Cuisine and International Cuisine knowledge
- Valid current ServSafe Certification
- Customer relations expertise
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00/year start
- culinary: 8 years
- ACF Member in good standing, ACF Certifications preferred, Associate Degree minimum from an ACF Accredited Culinary Program.
- Traverse City, MI
Required license or certification: