Join the Soup Crew
We’re always looking for friendly, eager soup lovers to join our team. Check out our open positions to see what’s cookin’.
Open Positions – Culinary Professionals
The Soup Cup – a microsouperie® is an innovative, market defining new QSR 2.0 concept. The Art of Soup is the mission, culinary comfort and pleasure is the outcome.
The Soup Cup – a microsouperie® embraces Soup. Classically prepared, handcrafted from scratch. 8 different varieties each day, 5 days a week, 40 different soups weekly, ever changing from 868 recipes. We also serve grilled cheese sandwiches from 85 different recipes, handmade Belgium fries with 23 different dipping sauces, all in an everchanging daily event atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a qualified, self-driven, motivated and talented culinary professionals to join our team.
Contact us for more information!
Job title: Corporate Chef
Starting Annual Salary: $40K (commensurate with experience and initial Soup Cup culture training)
Other incentives: potential company profit share
Employee Benefits: Daily Meals, Uniform. Qualifies for 3% matching IRA, company supplemented healthcare plan, and paid vacation and sick time off (after a probationary period has been satisfied). A family first caring corporate atmosphere.
Days and Hours: This is an at-will full time position averaging 45+ hours per week year-round, with no seasonal fluctuations.
Reports to: Executive Chef/Owner Scott Nitsche, C.E.C.
Works with Marketing Owner/Manager, Culinary Team and Special Event Coordinator.
This Culinary Professional must be connected, savvy, responsive, believe in the brand, customer of the store, love our food, friendly, pleasant and outgoing.
The Soup Cup a MicroSouperie® is expanding to Multi-Unit locations. This position’s primary responsibility is to prepare and oversee production Menu items. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Corporate and All Multi-unit kitchen operations.
- Insure specific Soup Cup recipe procedures and diligent sanitation processes are maintained continuously throughout the day.
- Insure Quality of Food Production.
- Menu Management.
- Training and Management of Kitchen Staff.
- Prepare, Purchase and Execute Daily Menus.
- Distribution Management.
- Order and Inventory Management.
- Ingredient Purchasing.
- Execute cost analysis as needed.
- Plan and execute additional goals for food service as set by management.
- Maintain food, kitchen supplies and kitchen cleaning products inventory.
- Clean and maintain kitchen and appliances daily.
- Personify Soup Cup Mission.
- Other tasks include but are not limited to: Year-round Soup Cup Special Events, staff schedule planning, shopping for inventory necessary to conduct business in a matter that provides proper fluidity and cost efficiency and any other tasks, duties, and responsibilities delegated as directed by management.
- Thorough Classical Cuisine cooking knowledge and food safety skills
- 5-10 years Professional Culinary experience
- Professional presence and appearance
- Comfortable speaking in public and “entertaining” customers.
- Specialty diet experience
- Dependable Transportation to and from Soup Cup locations
- Detail and goal oriented
- Multitasking skills
- Flexibility of schedule
- Thorough Classical Cuisine and International Cuisine knowledge
- Valid current ServSafe Certification
- Customer relations expertise
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00/year start
- culinary: 8 years
- ACF Member in good standing, ACF Certifications preferred, Associate Degree minimum from an ACF Accredited Culinary Program.
- Traverse City, MI
Required license or certification: